Certificate in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies (Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers) for registered medical professionals is designed to provide individuals with the latest and safest cosmetic injection techniques available while awarding them an industry-leading, internationally-recognized qualification in aesthetic medicine. This Qualification is awarded by Eduqual, which is a globally-recognized, well-respected, regulated awarding body. APT Injection Training administers this Qualification in conjunction with MATA Training Academy located in the United Kingdom.
Duration: Estimated 6 to 9 months
Pre-Course Reading: 35-40 hours
Prerequisite: Licensed Medical Professional
Fee: $10,500 CAD
The course is delivered by “blended learning”, meaning attendees can schedule their studies according to their individual work and lifestyle routines all whilst still gaining a valuable qualification. Certificate in the Principles and Practice of Clinical Injectable Therapies (Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers) is comprised of the following:
- Online theory via a comprehensive Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to be completed prior to the hands-on course
- Hands-on injection technique training and practice using live models with a maximum Trainee/Trainer ratio of 2:1
- Completion of a Log Book Assessment demonstrating 10 observed treatments and 10 executed treatments each for toxin and dermal filler
- 1-Day Assessment & Certification includes assessed observations of consultation, treatment planning and delivery, and safe practice and 3 certification exams
- Submission of 2 APA papers discussing injection/delegating procedures and practice implementation
The clinical injection training portion of the course is held over 2 days on a weekend and typically begins with a short didactic session in the morning followed by hands-on injection technique training with a maximum Trainee/Trainer ratio of 2:1. Once you register for the Certificate Program, you will select a Certificate of Attendance course to attend for the hands-on experience. This weekend course can also contribute to the completion of your logbook.
The length of time it takes to complete the various components of the Certificate in Clinical Aesthetic Injectable Therapies (Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Fillers) is dependent on each individual’s time and unique circumstances. The recommended guideline for completion of the course in its entirety is between 6 to 9 months.